Promoting the Health and Safety of Our Community
During these stressful times, we want to reassure you that the health and safety of our patients, our staff, and our greater community are our number one priority. Recommendations related to COVID-19 are very fluid and have been changing daily.
Beginning May 4, our office will be open Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00, but only for urgent and emergent appointments. In the very near future, we hope to once again begin seeing patients with important, but less acute, eye care needs — including patients who are due for their routine visits.
If you are coming for an appointment at Newport Optical or Green Mountain Eye Care, please rest assured that we are taking every possible precaution to keep you safe. These measures include:
- Screening all patients by phone for concerning symptoms of COVID-19 BEFORE they come to the office
- Requesting that all non-essential family members, friends, and drivers who accompany a patient to their visit wait in the car — so that the building is less crowded, social distancing can be maintained, and patients are exposed to fewer other people
- Taking patients’ temperature at the door before allowing them to enter the clinic
- Using physical barriers at the front desk to limit face-to-face interactions
- Limiting (and potentially eliminating) time spent in the waiting room to minimize exposure to communal spaces and facilitate social distancing
- Requiring all patients to use a face covering, and requiring all staff to use appropriate personal protective equipment (including masks)
- Thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces and equipment before and after every patient encounter
- Following all other CDC guidelines (including having the staff frequently wash their hands and fastidiously avoid touching their own eyes/nose/mouth)
Our team continues to reach out to patients who are scheduled for routine eye care visits to either confirm your appointment or reschedule to a future date. If your appointment is confirmed, please remember to bring a face covering to your visit. If you would prefer to postpone your appointment, and certainly if you are not feeling well, please reschedule!
Please call our office you if you have any questions or concerns. Our staff are available Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm and please feel free to leave us a message and we can get back to you.